8.24.2010

Mommy Pet Peeves


How come when my baby boy is wearing a blue onsie that says "Ladies Man" people still say he's a pretty girl?

*****

I don't care who you are, or how many grandchildren you have that live in New York, don't put your hands in my child's mouth.

*****

Why is it that the baggers at Publix only offer to help you out to your car when your husband is with you?
Really, because two days ago when I was all alone except for the 20 pound child strapped to my chest , I really felt like challenging myself.

*****

Why is it that people who haven't had small children in over 30 years, if ever, find it necessary to give you TONS of unwanted advice? Yeah, I think I should give him peas at 3 weeks old. NO!

*****

Don't say being a stay-at-home mom is "easy" or "just like vacation". And never, ever ask me "what have you been doing all day"? I may have to kill you for that one!

*****

Please, don't let your dog near my child. In fact, why don't you both stay away!

*****

Yes I am nursing. You can't see anything, so get over it! On that note, please don't tell me how much easier life would be if I used formula. You don't think I know that. If you would like to have a breast feeding versus formula debate, bring it on!!

*****

And last, but certainly not least, if a woman is walking around with a newborn or young infant, don't ask her when she's due. It's baby weight you dumbass!

5 comments:

  1. AMEN! Seriously!
    By the way, people call my son a girl ALL THE TIME and it drives me bonkers! Context clues people. Context clues.
    I also hear you on the breast vs. formula debate. I am still nursing my two year old and people are appalled. I figure, when he is ready to stop, he will. Enough said. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment! I am planning to nurse until atleast 2 and people tell me it's gross. Mind your own business, plus we're the only country that stop so soon! I would love it if you became a follower of my blog(since I have like 2!). I love your recipes, I'm making the Yummy Healhty Nachos right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bailey,
    I thought I was a follower! Sorry, I am now following!
    I actually have a rant when it comes to nursing till two or after. I think people should not give their opinions period. It is a personal choice and it is what is best for you and your child. I personally am ready for him to be done, but he is not, so he can keep doing it as long as it is comfortable for both of us. I probably will start to wean him seriously by the time he's three if he hasn't done it himself already. I was also going to return today to comment about the stay at home mom pet peeve. I hear you on that one. It is REALLY hard because I was that person who said those things before I actually became a mother. My husband drives me nuts because he doesn't understand how much work I do and how hard it is. He thinks I get to take it easy all day. I never get to sleep in like he does, I never get to veg in front of the tv like he does, I never get a moment to myself. It is even harder because I don't have ANY family here, so even less of a break!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't allow the TV on around my son, but on the weekends my hubby turns it on and relaxes. He says it is so easy b/c my son is hypnotized by the TV and all you have to do is plop him down in front of it. Yeah, I don't want that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved this post! I feel the same way about pretty much all of your points especially the baby boy being considered a girl and the stay at home mom ones. Those are two things that will get anyone a very "if looks could kill" kind of look from me! ;)

    ReplyDelete